Yabause
 . Forums . Statistics . Sign Up . Search .

Yabause community forums / Suggestions / Compatibility for a game?
Geanna

# Posted: 12 Nov 2007 03:51

Uh, hi. I'm not very technical and I wasn't sure where to put this. There's one Saturn game I really want to play -- Shoujo Kakumei Utena: Itsuka Kakumeisareru Monogatari. It apparently plays on SSF just fine, but I'm on a Mac, so that's not an option for me. I've checked to make sure I'm doing everything right, and the other games I tried worked, but it Yabause reads this ISO as an audio CD.

So basically, I'm not technical enough to know what it is about this game that makes it incompatible, but I would dearly love to be able to use Yabause to play it sometime in the future.

CyberWarriorX

# Posted: 12 Nov 2007 04:30 . Edited by: CyberWarriorX

I don't own the game, so I couldn't tell you if it's a bug with the emulator or not(it may very well be if it's the only game doing this for you).

Our own compatibility list is here.

There's another compatibility list(not run by us) here.

Though I didn't seen any game going by that name in either list.

Geanna

# Posted: 12 Nov 2007 04:46

Yes, I know it's not on the compatibility list; sorry I didn't make that clear. I also figured it was so obscure that even if it was compatible it probably wouldn't be on the list anyway. But from checking other games it seems it really is incompatible, but I don't know why.

There's not a lot I can tell you about the game. It has a lot of audio and video, being a dating sim of sorts. It works in SSF, according to a few other people. Are there features of SSF that you haven't yet included that might cause a game to work there and not in Yabause?

Sorry. I've been trying for a long time to get this game and get it to work, and it seems like there's a bazillion hurdles to go over ^_^;; I would like to thank you for making a Mac version of Yabause -- Saturn emulators are rare enough for Windows, let alone other OSs.

Cobra

# Posted: 12 Nov 2007 07:45

I can't say I have ever even heart of its existence... umm... could you give me the part number?
e.g. T-16502G

Located on the back of the case, and on the CD.

Geanna

# Posted: 12 Nov 2007 16:28 . Edited by: Geanna

I believe the part number is GS-9182, from looking around. Right now I only have an iso, not the disc.

Like I said, it's a pretty obscure game, only released in Japan near the end of the Saturn's life cycle.

CyberWarriorX

# Posted: 13 Nov 2007 08:11

By the way, is it a bin/cue image you're using? I noticed on at least the linux port it won't report an error if there's something wrong with your cue file(such as the filename in the cue file not pointing to the correct filename and path).

Geanna

# Posted: 13 Nov 2007 15:08

No, it's .iso

Katerina

# Posted: 20 Apr 2010 12:41 . Edited by: Katerina

I know this is 2'5 years later... but just in case someone else finds this thread by google like me and wants a fix.

If you have the isos with sizes of 402602192 and 497444464 bytes... well, that's the problem. It seems the isos weren't dumped right... The iso must have a size multiple of 2048. To fix the problem, with some hex editor or similar tool, add 1840 zero bytes at the end of the iso of disc 1, and 400 zero bytes at the end of the iso of disc 2. (do a backup just in case!)

After that it isn't detected as cd audio anymore and it works, well, I just tested the opening sequence, not the full game.